Welcome to our Homepage!
The 14th International Carl Flesch Violin Competition organized by the Municipality of Mosonmagyaróvár and the Ms. Fejes Music Foundation will take place between 4 and 11 June, 2023.
Members of the international jury
Márta Ábrahám – President, Hungary
Réka Szilvay – Finland
Hagai Shaham – Israel
Kirill Troussov – Germany
Balázs Horváth – Hungary
Conditions of participation
The competition is open to all European violinists who were born between 6 June 1993 and 5 June 2003. Competitors can participate from all over the world if they can certify at least two years of musical studies in Europe.
Application deadline 1. February 2023
All of the following documents must be attached to the application form:
- brief curriculum vitae
- certificate of musical qualification – copy of diploma
- two letters of recommendation, from a prominent personality in music life specifically written for participation in the 2023 Carl Flesch Violin Competition
- a digital copy of the applicant’s passport or ID
- one recent, high-quality photograph in a digital format that is suitable for publication and free of copyright (one close-up portrait)
- one promotional photo
- the copy of the receipt about the transfer of the application fee
- invoice data of the application fee
- in case of competitors outside of Europe, a certificate of their European studies
- two performance pieces of different character uploaded to YouTube (recording not older than one year)
The 150 EUR application fee (or equivalent in currency) is to be remitted to the following bank account: Takarékbank
Address of the bank: H-9200 Mosonmagyaróvár, Kökény u. 9.
SWIFT: TAKBHUHB Announcement: Flesch Competition (Please cover the costs of the transfer!) The application is valid only after the application fee is payed and the letter of confirmation has been received. The application fee will not be refunded to contestants who withdraw from the competition. Candidates will be informed of the acceptance of their application by 1 April, 2023.
Early bird application
The organisers of the competition will select six applicants by lottery from those entrants who send their applications to participate in the competition by December 31, 2022. These six, if they do not make it to the finals, will be invited to participate as active participants in the public master classes held on the day when the competition is paused. The participants will be randomly assigned to the members of the jury.
Download the score of Passaconne hybride by Balázs Horváth.
Download the competition brochure in pdf format.
- Is it possible to apply under the age of 20? – Yes
The organizers of the competition have widened the age limit for application! Applicants under the age of 20 can also apply if they were a finalsit, have won at least one international violin competition or received a special prize.
They can send their application by email, by sending all the data and documents indicated on the website, the certificate of their result of the competition must be attached. Please contact us via the CONTACT menu item.
- In the semi-final, can a movement of a concerto be performed as the virtuoso piece? – No
- Is it possible to play the same piece in the competition that is included in the submitted recording? – Yes